Spring Break Adventure Itinerary
Merri-Mac and Timberlake Spring Service Adventure: Basic Itinerary
- Travel day: Arrive in Managua, Nicaragua and ride Amigos for Christ bus to Chinandega, arriving that night.
- Volcano Hike
- Spend the day hiking one of Nicaragua’s most beautiful peaks, Cerro Negro.
- Day one of water project
- Learn all about the community we will be serving for the week, as well as the development model used by Amigos for Christ.
- Begin work digging and laying water system.
- Day two of water project
- Continue work on water system. We will also have the opportunity to visit with community members in their homes today.
- Rest Day
- Spend the morning volunteering at a local nursing home.
- The Merri-Mac/Timberlake team will get lunch out in town together. This is a great chance to see Chinandega and get souvenirs.
- Games and relaxation that afternoon evening at the Amigos complex.
- Continued work on the water project.
- Water project and week’s end celebration with the community
- Close the week with field games and time celebrating the work done with the community members we’ve worked alongside all week.
- Travel day: Leave early Saturday morning to return home.