This recipe is from King Arthur Flour and it’s a favorite with my catering clients back in Naples, my family, and now camp. I make these in mini donut pans and nobody can eat just one!
CAMP MERRI-MAC PUMPKIN SPICE DONUTS
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ½ cups pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour—scant, leveled off or less
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Generously spray donut pans with cooking spray.
- Beat oil, eggs, sugar, pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt with whisk until blended.
- Add flour and baking powder and stir with spatula until smooth.
- Put dough into gallon Ziploc bag and cut ¼ inch corner off.
- Squeeze batter into wells of donut pans.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Fill additional Ziploc bag with cinnamon sugar.
- Remove from donut pans immediately and put in cinnamon sugar, gently toss and remove to tray.